Friday 23 October 2015

Welcome to Zeavola, yes we have Ladyboys

The Zeavola Ladyboy and Selene
“Welcome to Zeovola, ladies”, said Florian the friendly GM, “Please take off your shoes, this is a barefoot place, barefoot luxury is what we call it, in fact. You’re going to have a great time, we love parties. You can pretty much do what you like. We are also gay friendly and there are Ladyboys.”
This was an interesting welcome.
The Press Princesses had slipped and slithered out of the heady jungles of Elephant Hills Rainforest Camp in Khao Sok National Park and suddenly here we were on Koh Phi Phi island in southern Thailand, freshly disembarked off a speed boat, eager for Ladyboys,  yes, why not? But first, er, howabout a drink? We’re like, from the press remember?
“Tom Yum cocktails is what the doctor has ordered!” said Florian firmly. Well, Zeavola shall remain forever pleasantly blurred in my mind as a result of my discovery of the Tom Yum cocktail. This is surely Asia’s sexiest - made with vodka, rum, lemongrass, lime, chili and spices, like a very cold Tom Yum soup, right? With some serious kick-ass zingaling. Oh me oh my. Zeavola's slogan is 'step back to simplicity' but it may well have been 'stagger about happily'. 
Where does that leave me philosophically? 
Zeavola is suitably private and calm even though Koh Phi Phi island is a busy string of resorts with all the Experiences ranging from speedboats to visiting the actual beach where The Beach was filmed, I hadn’t seen it, but now I’ve seen the actual beach – so where does that leave me philosophically I wonder?  
I loved the place, I loved the names – Wang Long Cove, La Na Bay, Sea Gypsy Village, Loh Moo Dee Bay, sigh, yes I’ll have another Tom Yum puh-lease. Prrrr. We did just about everything from massages during a tropical rain storm to beach side dining to snorkeling, swimming. We even got to play for a bit at the Zeovola annual staff party (everybody wore red) and did indeed meet the, or a, Ladyboy of Zeavola who was suitably delicious and slender. 
The spirit of Tom Yum 
This was all after we went up the beach in search of tequila and found a Scotsman who had lost 18 friends in the tsunami a decade ago, and poured us four rounds of free tequila in glasses the size of candle holders! Anyway the Ladyboy didn’t seem to mind and I think it would be safe to say that Selene was definitely the belle of the ball. Check out www.zeavola.com
So pretty Phi Phi 

No comments:

Post a Comment